Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sushi Rice Recipe Posted

My personal recipe is now posted in the recipes section~! My first mistake when I started out was I bought the wrong rice. I bought sweet rice, thinking that was sushi rice. It turns out, sweet rice is another name for gluttonized rice. It is thick, heavy ball rice and it tastes ... well, not quite what I was used to >.<
My second mistake was the recipe amount. I thought roll quantity meant how many individual pieces of sushi would be made, but number of rolls means the number of uncut long rolls. So, I meant to make 24 pieces for my buddies as a nice sushi surprise, and ended up with 24 rolls, that makes 6 pieces each.. and I ended up with around 144 pieces of sushi...
Yep, that was alot of sushi. Took forever to roll too.
Needless to say, they didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I won't make that mistake again :-)

This Post's Phrase ~ よく できました よ.
(Yoku dekimashita yo.)
Well done!

No comments: